When you know how to write an article, pre-selling products and services becomes easier. Many people venture into the freelance writing field with the sole aim of displaying their creativity. What they don’t know is the fact that the articles that they write are used for commercial purposes. Majority of them are posted on sites that pre-sell services and products.
Nevertheless, regardless of how creatively an article is written, it doesn’t add value to a business if it fails to entice the reader to take the desired action. Incorporation of flowery language and flaunting vocabulary won’t make your article great. A great article contains valuable information and it’s easy to read and understand.
How to Write an Article with Ease
Articles vary depending on their purpose and the target audience. Common types of articles include features, news stories, instructional articles, and profiles among others. Although each article has a style and qualities that are unique to it, there are common attributes that are shared by all articles. There are also steps that you should follow when writing an article.
Here is a step-by-step guide for article writing:
Step 1: Familiarize with your article type
Start the writing process by determining the type of the articles you want to write. This should be determined by the information that you wish to convey and how you want to convey it. Your topic should also determine the article type you choose. For instance, if you wish to present facts regarding a recent event, a news article might be ideal for you. If you want to present information descriptively and creatively, a feature article might be the best choice.
Step 2: Choose Your Article Topic
Once you have familiarized with your article type, list down potential topics that come into your mind. For instance, you may want to write on organic food, animal shelter, immigration, travel, or parenting. To come up with a concise and coherent article, narrow down the topic. A narrow topic will enable you to write an article that is more specific and forceful.
Before you write, ask the following:
- What will readers find interesting about this topic?
- What points are usually overlooked by people that write about this topic?
- What would you like your readers to know about it?
Step 3: Conduct Some Research
To write an article that your readers will find useful, conduct some research. Unearth facts that other writers may have left out and convey them in a clear, succinct manner. You can conduct preliminary research by reading books, magazines and blogs. Enter keywords into the search engine to get ideas or various approaches that you can take towards your topic. Take a unique angle for writing your article after conducting some research.
Step 4: Formulate and Research Ideas
Once you have conducted some research on your topic, formulate ideas and research them. Learn about the existing arguments on the topic and take a unique perspective. Gather as much supporting evidence as possible. Use reliable sources to conduct research, formulate ideas, and gather supporting evidence. Finally, outline your ideas depending on how you wish to present and support them. This should largely depend on the topic and length of your article.
Step 5: Write the Article
This is the most important step of a guide on how to write an article. It’s the step where you do the actual writing. Your article should have 3 clear sections as follows:
- The Introduction- Write a compelling introduction that hooks the reader. Bear in mind that your reader will use the introduction of the article to decide whether to read on or ignore your article. There are many ways to hook the reader. For instance, you can tell an anecdote, use a quote, start with statistics, or state compelling facts.
- The Body- This is where you present argument, supporting evidence, demonstrations, examples, or facts. Give your information proper context without assuming that the reader knows what you know. Include clear paragraphs or points in the body part of the article. Use descriptive and eloquent language in the body. Also use transitions carefully to give your article proper flow. What’s more, pay keen attention to structure, style and voice of your article.
- Conclusion- Compose a compelling conclusion that wraps up the article dynamically. Again, how you write the conclusion depends on your article type. But, make sure that the conclusion reconnects the end to the beginning of your article.
Step 6: Finalize the Article
Read your article or ask somebody else to read it and highlight errors. Edit the article carefully to eliminate grammar, spelling, punctuation, and typo errors. Make sure that you have made your argument or presented your points clearly and supported them effectively. Also make sure that your article has a suitable headline.
Tips on How to Write an Article
You might know and follow these steps to write an article but still not come up with an impressive article. This is particularly the case when writing a commercial article.
To write a great commercial article, follow these tips:
- Familiarize yourself with keywords, keyword density and other aspects of SEO writing
- Follow the instructions provided by the client precisely
- Verify facts before you include them in the article
- Abide by the client’s deadlines
- Write professionally
- Make readers believe you by providing supporting evidence and explaining points thoroughly
- Always tell something different in your articles
- Write articles that provide value or solve problems
- Answer questions that readers might have
- Be precise, concise, and direct to the point
- Be organized
Seek Professional Article Writing Help
You may know how to write an article but lack the ability or time to write your articles. In that case, talk to Bishop Writers. We write authentic, genuine, original and superior articles on varied topics. We can also write articles for you on regular basis depending on your needs. What’s more, we polish and edit all articles before we deliver them to our clients. We adhere to your instructions carefully to make articles fully customized to your needs.
Email us via firstname.lastname@example.org now to order articles with experienced article writers today!